The sample matrix (chemical sample composition) will interfere with measurements in industrial waste water. Two methods can adjust measurements to this situation:
- Adapt reagents to block and mask interferences.
- Standard and multiple standard addition method.
Adapt the reagents only makes sense if the sample matrix doesn’t change over time. In many waste water applications multiple processes convey their stream unprepared to the central treatment.
For these cases we embedded the standard addition method in all of our on-line analysers series COMPOSER.
Advantages of Standard Addition Method:
- High quality measurement in unkonwn sample composition situations.
- Measurement without calibration.
- Quality of measurement can stated as a function of the correlation coefficient.
All SEIBOLD Analysers can measure in standard addition mode!